In this episode of the Calvert County Lifestyle podcast i’m joined by the Bay Business Group President, Cindy Bliss. In this episode we learn:
- what the Bay Business Group is all about
- What makes the BBG different from other groups
- Why someone would want to join the BBG/become a member
- What inspired the BBG Business Expo
If you would like to find out more information about the Bay Business Group visit baybusinessgroup.org.
Links To Items Mentioned In The Show
Subscribe To The Podcast
Leave A Voicemail
Its free and you don’t need dial anything. Press the record button and begin. It will use the microphone built into your laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc. When the recording begins please state your name, city you live in, and message. Thanks so much and you may just hear yourself in in our next show.
Outlined Audio Transcript:
Tell us what the Bay Business Group is all about?
- The Bay Business Group (BBG) is a dynamic non-profit organization representing locally owned small businesses on Maryland’s western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Monthly meeting: We meet the third Wednesday of every month
- Our members represent a cross-spectrum of locally owned businesses (restaurants, resorts, service companies, consultants, insurance and real estate agencies, and more)
- Charitable causes/giving
- Wounded Warriors, Boys & Girls Club, Chesapeake Beach Christmas Parade, End Hunger Dragonboat Festival, BBG Scholarship Fund, etc.
- Cookbook sales, auction, etc.
- a small, local business owner, membership in the BBG is one of the most valuable investments you can make. Membership info:
- $150 per year for a business
- $75 for a second business
- $50 for an individual
- $25 for a non-profit organization
- $25 for a young entrepreneur (22 Years Old & Younger)
What makes the BBG different from other groups?
- The BBG not only provides its members with educational seminars and networking opportunities, but also instrumental business skills and inspiration to successfully grow their businesses.
- The BBG gives back to the community in a big way
- Camaraderie – members truly support one another, share references, partner on projects, and more
Why would someone want to join the BBG/become a member?
- Monthly Member Meetings
- Meets the third Wednesday of every month
- Updates on what’s going on in the community
- Educational Seminars
- Valuable learning opportunities, no extra fees – part of your membership
- Networking Opportunities
- Mixers and events throughout the year (Summer BBQ, Christmas Party, Speed Networking Event, Expo, etc.)
- Promotion of Your Business
- Listings in BBG e-newsletter, announcements at meetings, etc.
- Support & Buy Local
- Online business directory
What inspired this Business Expo
- Showcase our wonderful business members to the community
- Invite the community to come and meet us all in one central location
- We as a group and as individual businesses have been building our business presence and strategies all year to showcase at the expo
- Other details about Expo
- Wednesday Oct 5th (6-8pm) at Dunkirk Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Free admission, exhibitors are BBG members
- Project Echo – gently used business clothes donations